The Corporate Push For Diversity
In this CLE seminar, sponsored by the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association and Stinson Leonard Street LLP, a specially selected panel of corporate leaders will discuss the issue of diversity, the need for diversity both in their corporations and the law firms they employ, and their efforts to push law firms to improve their diversity record.
- Ann Anaya, Senior Counsel, 3M Litigation and Preventive Law
- Karen Wilson Thissen, Executive Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Ameriprise Financial
- Greg Petouvis, Director and Assistant General Counsel, Employee and Labor Relations, Target
- Trevor Gunderson, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, General Mills
- Orlando Flores, Senior Legal Director, Medtronic Neuromodulation, Medtronic
Please join us to hear the panelists give frank answers to critical questions such as:
- What steps are corporate legal departments taking to measure diversity performance at law firms and how is diversity at those firms factoring into the retention of outside counsel?
- What are some best practices that law firms can implement for recruiting, hiring, and retaining attorneys of diverse backgrounds?
- What challenges have corporate legal departments faced in implementing and measuring diversity initiatives with the law firms they employ?
- What is the business case for diversity?
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Registration: 11:30 a.m.
Lunch and program: 12 - 1 p.m.
Stinson Leonard Street LLP
150 South Fifth Street
16th Floor Conference Center
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The cost for this seminar
is $35 for non-MHBA
members and $20 for
Registrants may pay their registration
fee online or at the door.
Minnesota "Elimination of Bias"
and "Law Office Management"
continuing legal education credits
have been applied for.
Please let us know by
May 15 if you will be
attending the event.
Contact Jayme Masek at
612.335.1656 with any
questions you may have
about this event.
If you encounter problems with registration or online payment please contact, Zuri Balmakund at Balm2418@stthomas.edu.