Volunteer Lawyers Network
Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
Present the CLE
Journey to Citizenship CLE Training:
Representing Citizenship Applicants Pro Bono-Part 1
Friday, September 21, 2018
11:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
2200 Wells Fargo Center
90 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Achieving the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen is the goal of many immigrants in the U.S. The Volunteer Lawyers Network is presenting this CLE in partnership with the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association to train volunteer lawyers who will represent VLN clients in the naturalization process.
The CLE will:
· Define U.S. citizenship, who is a citizen, and the different ways to obtain U.S. citizenship
· Explain the benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen
· Educate on the requirements to naturalize in the U.S.A. through lecture and group work on hypothetical situations
· Educate on the naturalization application process
· Review local and national resources
· Provide lawyers volunteer opportunities through VLN to represent clients ready to apply for naturalization.
3.75 CLE credits applied for. Lunch provided. Space is limited.
VLN will ask participants to volunteer with this project.
Please register by noon on Tuesday, September 18. To register for this CLE, visit https://vln.formstack.com/forms/vln_naturalization_cle_training_september_2018_part1
For more information or to volunteer for this project please contact email@example.com.