[Note: "This is a great opportunity for an attorney a few years out of law school who has excellent writing and research skills, and eager to learn media law."]
Twin Cities PBS is seeking a Staff Attorney with excellent writing and research skills to draft contracts, protect TPT’s intellectual property, provide legal counsel to internal clients, and use legal knowledge and expertise to serve internal clients and the organization.
- Draft, review, and advise on a variety of production related contracts, including independent contractor agreements, licenses and releases, and other types of contracts and ensure they are consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and advance and protect TPT’s interests.
- Protect and leverage TPT’s intellectual property (trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets) through proactive and timely compliance with all legal requirements.
- Provide legal research and advice on legal matters pertinent to TPT’s work accurately and efficiently.
- Keep abreast of all applicable FCC, CPB and other regulatory requirements and implement and communicate with internal clients to ensure compliance.
- Facilitate all insurance renewals and issues.
- Responsible for weekly and quarterly FCC filings.
- Assist with and/or register copyright to protect TPT as a stakeholder in the property.
- Conduct trademark searches, registrations, renewals, and trademark database maintenance to achieve optimal information accuracy.
- Maintain the FCC and CPB public files and ensures TPT compliance.
- Provide support to the Board of Trustees with meeting record keeping and minutes under supervision and approval of the General Counsel.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate is highly ethical, an excellent communicator (both written and oral) and thrives in a collaborative environment. In addition:
- Graduate of an ABA accredited law school, and licensed to practice in Minnesota.
- Ability to work independently to research and draft contracts, as well as consult with internal clients and external parties as necessary.
- Proficient knowledge of standard contract terms needed to draft contracts.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail for consistency and factual accuracy.
- Highly organized and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity and adapt to new situations.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Extensive computer technology experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary, complex projects.
If you have the necessary experiences and qualifications for this position, please apply at http://www.tpt.org/careers
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer