Associate General Counsel
390 Robert St. N.
St. Paul, MN 55101
The Associate General Counsel works in the following areas as well as litigation: contracts and procurement, construction law, public records and open meeting law, employment law, environmental law, real property, and comprehensive planning and land use. This position will have a focus in the areas of real estate, including eminent domain, public contracting, land use, and public-private initiatives.
Annual salary: $87,006-$123,427
Requirements: JD degree from an accredited law school; and seven (7) years of recent experience in the practice of law. Licensed to practice law in the state of Minnesota and in good standing.
Desired Qualifications: Current admission to practice in the Federal District Court of Minnesota. Preference given to those with substantive or litigation experience in Minnesota in a governmental setting with an emphasis in one or more of the following areas:
- Real Property - land acquisition, condemnation, relocation benefits, and purchase and lease agreements for public projects.
- Contracts and Procurement - public contracts for goods and services and public construction contracts involving state and federal financing/grant and loan funds.
- Construction Law - large public projects primarily transit and wastewater treatment projects.
- Comprehensive Planning and Land Use - local comprehensive plans, metropolitan system plans, regional grant and loan programs.
- Public Sector representation.
Applications received on or before November 3 will be given preference.
TO APPLY: Applicants MUST submit the Metropolitan Council’s online employment application - more information and application instructions at www.metrocouncil.org.