Tubman is seeking a full-time Family Law attorney to provide legal representation and advice to low income individuals and families in family law matters including but not limited to: divorce, child custody, third party custody, order for protection and harassment restraining order matters. Priority for services are given to survivors of domestic abuse and other underrepresented populations. This position also manages our various pro se family law programs, which are staffed mainly by volunteer attorneys.
Other responsibilities include: recruiting, training and consulting with volunteer attorneys; maintaining and developing community relationships with domestic abuse agencies and other service providers; assisting in program policies, procedures and evaluations; and participating in collaborative groups working on issues related to victim services and family law issues.
Position is located at Tubman’s Chrysalis location in South Minneapolis. Salary dependent upon experience and qualifications.
· JD degree and current Minnesota license required.
· 5 years’ experience representing clients in family law matters including motion practice, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation and trial.
· Versatility and experience to accomplish both tactical and strategic tasks.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the dynamics of domestic abuse and sexual assault and understanding of the legal and social issues facing survivors and their families.
· Experience working with clients from diverse economic, social and/or cultural communities and demonstrated ability to effectively advocate for these underrepresented populations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to recruit, train, and mentor volunteer attorneys.
· Experience representing survivors of domestic abuse in family law and order for protection matters.
· Experience with Title IX administrative proceedings and legal issues related to campus sexual assault.
· Multilingual proficiency preferred.
· Experience with creating and facilitating CLE courses.
· Experience with non-profit program development and supervision of administrative staff, volunteers and law clerks.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
Preference will be given to resumes received by end of day Thursday, April 26, 2018.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to 25,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org.