CIVIL LITIGATION PROGRAM MANAGER/RESOURCE ATTORNEY – VOLUNTEER LAWYERS NETWORK
Position: Civil Litigation Program Manager/Resource Attorney, Minneapolis, Minnesota
DESCRIPTION: Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) seeks a full-time Civil Litigation Program Manager/Resource Attorney to manage volunteer based legal services and brief legal advice clinics.
Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) is a private non-profit organization affiliated with the Hennepin County Bar Association. VLN provides free advice and legal representation to low-income individuals through volunteer attorneys, interpreters and other legal professionals throughout the state of Minnesota. To learn more about our work, visit our website.
- Design, develop and maintain programs for low-income clients with legal problems related to civil litigation;
- Supervise and support legal services provided at clinics, including the Legal Access Point Clinic located at the Hennepin County Government Center and the Conciliation Court Clinic;
- Recruit, train, mentor and supervise volunteer attorneys on civil legal issues;
- Supervise and support program staff;
- Work in partnership with other organizations that serve our clients and explore ways to achieve mutual goals;
- Develop new and adjust existing programs as needed to address unmet client need;
- Assist VLN’s development staff in development and drafting of grant applications, monitoring grant progress, and grant reporting.
- · J.D. required. Must be licensed in Minnesota;
- · Three or more years of civil litigation experience;
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- · Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Commitment to VLN’s mission.
- Experience with or knowledge of landlord/tenant law litigation;
- Experience with administrative law cases or Department of Human Services disqualification cases;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income communities and communities of color;
- · Experience in mentoring and training less-experienced attorneys preferred;
- Supervisory experience;
- Proficiency in a second language.
VLN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or any other factors prohibited by applicable law.
Those with diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: Include individual health insurance and liberal vacation.
Closing Date: 6/29/2018
Starting date: As soon as possible after the position is filled.
Applications: Applications should include a resume, a letter explaining interest in this position, and salary requirements. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org