CONFLICTS & ETHICS ATTORNEY
Robins Kaplan LLP, a national litigation law firm, has an exciting opportunity in our Minneapolis location for a talented individual to join our firm. Under direction of the Professional Responsibility Chair, the primary function of the Conflicts and Ethics Attorney is to review and analyze potential conflicts relating to new and lateral attorney candidates and potential conflicts relating to new clients and matters. The Conflicts and Ethics Attorney will also be responsible for helping the Professional Responsibility Chair review and draft engagement agreements, informed-consent agreements, and ethical-wall memorandum. The Conflicts and Ethics Attorney will also be responsible for helping the Chair review outside-counsel guidelines and law-firm marketing materials as well as perform other projects as needed.
Your Keys to Success:
- · J.D. required
- · Active bar licensure in at last one state and in good standing
- · 5+ years of law-firm experience preferred, in general litigation, risk-management, or corporate compliance
You will also have:
- · Experience in conflicts identification and clearance in a law firm, including drafting and reviewing ethical-wall memorandum for new hires or client matters, and informed-consent agreements for client matters
- · Experience preferred with researching multiple jurisdictions and jurisdiction-specific rules as they relate to conflicts of interest and attorney advertising
- · Strong, functional knowledge of the ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct
- · Experience performing legal research and research on corporations (Lexis/Westlaw, Bloomberg, etc.)
- · Ability to work on complex legal issues and requests in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- · Strong writing and drafting skills and oral communication skills
- · Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, Filesite/Desksite and other document-management or document-retention software
- · Experience with Intapp Open, Elite, or other conflicts modules preferred
Why us? Robins Kaplan LLP is a firm you can be proud to be associated with. We offer competitive compensation, rich benefits, a respectful environment, and the opportunity for a rewarding and impactful career with a dynamic group of professionals. Consider us for your next career stop and apply on-line with a letter of interest, resume, copy of law school transcript and legal writing sample.
Robins Kaplan LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce.