$89,793.59 - $142,334.41 Annually
Saint Paul, MN
8/17/2018 4:30 PM Central
General Duty Statement
Performs wide-ranging, expert-level, highly-complex professional legal work in the Civil Division of the Saint Paul City Attorney's Office. Plans, organizes, mentors, and leads the work of lower-level employees within the Civil Division as requested by the City Attorney or Deputy City Attorney and provides expert legal advice to the City Council, the Mayor's Office, City departments, boards, commissions, and committees.
Information related to this position:
This position will handle a wide range of public sector real estate and development-related matters including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating real estate documents including development agreements, loan and grant agreements, notes, mortgages, easements, licenses, deeds, declarations of restrictive covenants, indemnifications, guaranties, subordination agreements, and leases.
- Public finance tools such as Tax Increment Financing, CDBG, HOME, LIHTC, Revenue and Conduit Bonds, City sales tax, and Met Council and DEED grants.
- City, State, and Federal compliance areas including HUD section 3 and fair housing.
- Title work including registration, quiet title actions, platting and reviewing title insurance commitments and policies.
Essential Functions are the functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The Essential Functions for this position are identified in the Supplemental Information section of the Senior Attorney job description.
The City of Saint Paul has established a Racial Equity Strategy with goals of ending racial disparity in the City as an organization, achieving racial equity in city services and engagement, and eliminating race-based disparities in our community. This citywide effort is designed to ensure that race does not predetermine opportunities in education, employment, housing, health and safety.
Candidates must have a Juris Doctorate Degree and a license to practice law from the Supreme Court of the State of Minnesota and at least seven years of progressive experience to include four years of experience as an Attorney at the full performance level with the City of Saint Paul or equivalent.
Preferred candidates will have 10 years of experience.
Continued employment as a Senior Attorney is contingent upon maintaining a license to practice law from the Supreme Court of the State of Minnesota.
By Closing Date, you MUST
- Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
- Upload or submit the following required document(s) via the online application system, mail, in person, email, or fax. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted. Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10MB.)
- Proof of license to practice law in the State of Minnesota
- Resume and coverletter
- A writing sample
Selection Process Information
Unclassified: This posting is open to anyone who meets the position requirements. This is an UNCLASSIFIED position and is therefore not governed by City Civil Service Rules.
Final Selection Process: You will be notified if you are invited to participate in the final selection process which may include an interview.
Human Resources Contact Information:
Liz Staberg at 651-266-6534
200 City Hall Annex
25 West Fourth Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102
To refer back to this information, we recommend you print this job posting before you apply. For technical assistance regarding the online application, please call 1-855-524-5627 during regular business hours.
The City of Saint Paul is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
AgencyCity of Saint Paul
Address25 West Fourth Street, Suite 200 City Hall Annex
Saint Paul, Minnesota, 55102