The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Director of Alumni Engagement and Student Life within the School of Law.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Director of Alumni Engagement and Student Life is responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive plan of programs and projects that strategically engage and benefit alumni and students.
- The Director plans and executes all School of Law sponsored alumni relations events, programs and activities. The Director also services individual needs and requests related to alumni. Annual School of Law alumni events include, but are not limited to the bar admission breakfast, reunions, alumnae brunch, alumni happy hours, alumni employer outreach efforts, geographic outreach efforts and the Christmas party. The Director identifies and implements other opportunities for student engagement with key alumni events. The Director develops initiatives to focus on special constituencies/interest groups.
- The Director serves as the Executive Director to the Law Alumni Board, and provides support and resources to advance the goals and objectives of the alumni association. The Director plans and executes four board meetings a year, works with the association president to set objectives for the year, creates a strategic plan for the association, and sets the agenda for each board meeting. The Director manages the succession planning for the board, including the management of the nominations process consistent with the bylaws and provides orientation for new board members.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all current alumni committees, and is responsible for the management and growth of new committees and diverse geographic chapters to service the entire alumni association and the greater community.
- Oversight and implementation of UST Law Lawyer Search.
- Create and foster an engagement model for all alumni volunteers and creates a vibrant alumni community and culture consistent with the mission of the school of Law. The Director identifies ways in which alumni can stay connected to the community and develops strong, positive, proactive relationships with diverse groups to strengthen. The Director maintains accurate and reliable data on all aspects of the alumni program, and also creates assessment models to evaluate the strength of the alumni program.
Alumni Giving and Development
- Plan and execute the School of Law annual giving program each year, engages the Alumni Association Annual Giving committee, coordinates alumni volunteers, works with the call center, and works to achieve stated goals.
- Maintain accurate records and data on alumni giving and participations and works in coordination with the university development office.
- Work with the third-year class representatives to design and execute a successful third-year class gift program. The Director chairs the UST MJF Public Interest Fellowship (PILF) selection committee, to distribute annual money raised for the UST-MFJ PILF.
- Work with and provide leadership for student organizations, student government, the Board of Advocates and other student groups.
- Maintain and develop when necessary, processes and procedures for student organizations and student government, including succession planning.
- In collaboration with Admissions, the Director will assist with new student orientation. More broadly, the Director will support ongoing efforts to facilitate the integration and full participation of all student in the School of Law community with a focus on inclusion.
- Develop and implement ways in which students and alumni can stay connected to each other, as well as to the School of Law. These communication tools, (including a quarterly alumni newsletter), will ensure the information is current and consistent with the School of Law brand. The director is a member of the magazine team, and is responsible for the Class Notes. The Director will also work closely with UDAR, (University Development and Alumni Relations).
- Work collaboratively with other law school departments, supporting efforts that intersect with the alumni community. These departments include the registrar, career services, externships, finance, admissions, and mentor program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven years of relevant professional experience in development, alumni relations, or a related field
- J.D. and a minimum of five years of legal experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer