MINNESOTA JUDICIAL BRANCH
ATTORNEY I – ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility
St. Paul, MN 55102
HOURS OF WORK
The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility located in downtown St. Paul seeks an Attorney I. The position involves research, writing, investigation and some trial practice.
- · Investigate complaints of attorney violations of the Minnesota Rules of Professional Conduct, primarily relating to allegations of isolated and non-serious attorney misconduct, make recommendations for dispositions, prepare appropriate disposition memoranda.
- · Perform research and assist more senior attorneys in case work and investigation.
- · Such other duties as assigned.
- · Ability to analyze, organize and present key facts and law concerning assigned work.
- · Superior writing and presentation skills.
- · Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- · Ability to work effectively with judges, court staff, administrative staff, and the public.
- · JD from an accredited law school; superior academic credentials preferred.
- · Currently licensed to practice law in Minnesota or able to be admitted.
- · Successful completion of a criminal background check.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: Starting salary range is $62,598.24 - $79,782.48. Full pay range is $62,598.24 - $96,966.72. Starting salary will be based on knowledge, skill set and experience.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pretax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Visit https://mn.gov/mmb/segip for benefits information.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 14, 2018; 11:59pm
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov. Include a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a legal writing sample. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility at
Minnesota Judicial Branch
Human Resources, Rm. G08
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
An Equal Opportunity Employer