Working Title: Attorney
Posting Date: 12/24/2018 Closing Date: 1/14/2019
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers.
Job Class: State Program Administrator Coordinator
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Department/214 MAPE
Division/Unit: Office of State Procurement-MMCAP
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $30.25 hourly/$63,162 annually-$44.98 hourly/$93,918 annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214/MAPE
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP) is a free, voluntary group purchasing organization for national government healthcare facilities via its pharmaceutical and healthcare products and services business. MMCAP is operated by the State of Minnesota and within the Office of State Procurement Division of the Department of Administration.
MMCAP seeks an Attorney to provide MMCAP leadership and staff with legal review and support services such as drafting legal language, negotiate contracts, amend contracts, and review the work of the contract administrators and acquisition specialists to ensure compliance. This includes:
Develop policies and procedures to ensure the smooth, effective and legal operation of MMCAP.
Provide legal review, technical assistance, and input to the MMCAP lines of businesses such as pharmaceuticals, wholesaler purchasing, and other healthcare products and services, so that their respective business objectives are achieved in a legal and timely manner.
Provide legal and technical assistance to MMCAP leadership on significant issues affecting its business so that it may take appropriate action, if needed.
- · J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- · Three years of advanced professional experience that include contract negotiations, addressing legal issues, reviewing documents/contracts for compliance and/or professional experience in the medical field.
- · High-level acumen regarding federal and state laws relating to procurement, antitrust, and group purchasing organizations.
- · Strong communication (oral and written skills) and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with MMCAP teams and a variety of federal, state, and local stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and address problems, and able to give efficient and effective legal/business advice.
- Ability to analyze needs to create input and direction for a strategic policy.
- Ability to create and draft policies and procedures that promote and advance the MMCAP business.
- Knowledge and skills in drafting and ability in negotiating contracts.
- Strong dispute resolution skills.
- · Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- · Knowledge, experience and understanding of group purchasing organizations; medical supplies organizations; GPO business model objectives; as well as statutory, policy and overall legal requirements for all steps of a multi-state contracting process.
- · Strong organizational skills.
- · Ability to multi-task.
Additional Requirements: It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check; Criminal History Check; Employment Reference Check; Education/License Verification.
How to Apply:
All interested employees should apply on the State Careers’ web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 29121. Application deadline: 1/14/2019.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.