Endowment Fund Award
The 2019 award application deadline is 5:00 pm on April 1, 2019.
In 1998, the MHBA established an endowment fund in partnership with El Fondo de Nuestra Comunidad and under the administration of The St. Paul Foundation. The MHBA Endowment Fund serves as a source of funding for law student interns who work at non-profit organizations serving the Latino/a community.
Organizations meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply for a grant:
- Is organized as a Minnesota non-profit corporation and has obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
- Predominantly serves the Latino/a community;
- Is committed to using the MHBA Endowment Fund grant to fund a law student intern with a demonstrated interest in serving the Latino/a community.
Past Recipients of the MHBA Endowment Fund Award:
- 2018 – Priscila Barron Sanchez
- 2017 – Legal Rights Center and The Advocates for Human Rights
- 2016 – Latino Economic Development Center and Juvenile Justice Advocates International
- 2015 – Immigrant Law Center
- 2014 – Volunteer Lawyer's Network
- 2013 – Volunteer Lawyers Network, Neighborhood Justice Center, and The Minneapolis Foundation
- 2012 – Neighborhood Justice Center and Immigrant Law Center
- 2011 – Neighborhood Justice Center
- 2010 – Volunteer Lawyer's Network and Immigrant Law Center
- 2009 – Volunteer Lawyer's Network and Neighborhood Justice Center
- 2008 – Neighborhood Justice Center and Centro Legal
- 2007 – Volunteer Lawyer's Network
- 2006 – Centro Legal
- 2005 – Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- 2003 – Neighborhood Justice Center and Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- 2001 – Centro Legal
- 2000 – Centro Legal
- 1999 – Oficina Legal
- 1998 – Neighborhood Justice Center
The 2019 award application deadline is 5:00 pm on April 1, 2019. To apply for an award, please submit an application to email@example.com
Please contact us if your organization would like to be placed on the mailing list to receive an MHBA Endowment Fund application.