Endowment Fund Award
In 1998, the MHBA established an endowment fund in partnership with El Fondo de Nuestra Comunidad and under the administration of The St. Paul Foundation. The MHBA Endowment Fund serves as a source of funding for law student interns who work at non-profit organizations serving the Latino/a community.
Organizations meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply for a grant:
- Is organized as a Minnesota non-profit corporation and has obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
- Predominantly serves the Latino/a community;
- Is committed to using the MHBA Endowment Fund grant to fund a law student intern with a demonstrated interest in serving the Latino/a community.
Past Recipients of the MHBA Endowment Fund Award:
- 2013 – Volunteer Lawyers Network and Neighborhood Justice Center
- 2012 –
- 2011 –
- 2010 –
- 2009 – Neighborhood Justice Center and Linea Legal Latina
- 2008 – Neighborhood Justice Center and Centrol Legal
- 2005 – Centro Legal
- 2004 – Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- 2003 – Neighborhood Justice Center
- 2000 – Centro Legal
- 1999 – Oficina Legal
- 1998 – Neighborhood Justice Center
Endowment Funds Awards are awarded in the spring. To apply for an award, complete an application here:
Please contact us if your organization would like to be placed on the mailing list to receive an MHBA Endowment Fund application.