Administrative Law Judge – Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings
Posted 1 year ago
The Administrative Law Judge will:
- Serve as an administrative law judge.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Judicial Conduct and applicable statutory codes of ethics.
- Research, understand, interpret, apply and explain relevant law in complex legal and factual settings.
- Conduct fair and impartial hearings in complex, adversarial cases in accordance with governing laws and rules.
- Resolve issues of law and fact based upon the application of sound, supported legal reasoning to facts based upon evidence in the hearing record.
- Engage in clear, respectful oral communication.
- Prepare clear, concise and easily understandable written decisions and orders.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and respectful relationships with diverse people.
- Maintain license to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
The Administrative Law Judge will work at OAH’s St. Paul office.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- Current licensure in good standing to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative procedures and related laws.
- Demonstrated legal writing skills.
- Intercultural competency. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with individuals who do not share the same culture, ethnicity, language, or other common experiences.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to uphold judicial temperament, which requires compassion, decisiveness, open-mindedness, courtesy, patience, freedom from bias, and commitment to equal justice under the law.
- Litigation experience.
- Mediator or arbitrator experience.
- Experience as a judge in an administrative setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to community and public service.
- Knowledge of rulemaking procedures under Minnesota Administrative Procedure Act.
Apply online at mn.gov/careers using job ID 51656.
Applications require a cover letter, resume, application, and writing sample.
If you know someone who you think would be perfect for this role, please encourage them to apply!