Allina Health – Senior Governance Consultant Opportunity
Posted 2 years ago
Manages and supports various corporate governance initiatives for Allina Health System and its subsidiaries. This position provides corporate leadership and advice to company leadership, acts in connection with the General Counsel as meeting secretary for Board of Director and/or Committee meetings, and serves as a liaison with members of Law, other corporate functions, Allina businesses, and members of the Allina Health Board of Directors.
- Develops Strategy for Corporate Governance of Allina Health System.
- Leads, manages and supports key board engagement and corporate governance activities for Allina Health Board of Directors and Executive Office, including, but not limited to: Board and Committee self-assessments; Director and non-Director recruitment; Director on-boarding and continuing education, exit interview process and succession planning.
- Develops Governance Strategy with the Company’s General Counsel, senior officers of the Company, including the CEO and President, and the Corporate Health Law team.
- Manages and collaborates with teams that work with members of the Allina Health Board of Directors, internal and external stakeholders to monitor, analyze, interpret and administer corporate governance requirements requiring deep understanding of Allina Health businesses, governance policies and documents, and Minnesota or other law requirements.
- Drafts, reviews and revises Board and Committee charter documents, corporate policies and governance guidelines.
- Analyzes and opines with respect to the Minnesota Nonprofit Corporation Act or applicable laws of other jurisdictions and Company governance documents.
- Reviews and prepares Board materials.
- Works directly and independently with senior management to prepare and distribute board materials and presentations, ensuring adherence to organizational standards, board committee responsibilities, and meeting objectives.
- Drafts and/or reviews corporate minutes, resolutions, consents, etc.
- Serves as primary liaison between board/committee members and management.
- Builds trust and strong relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence at all levels of the organization and to bring in an external viewpoint.
- Builds and effectively utilizes a network of professional and industry associations, peers and subject matter experts to stay current on all issues affecting the Board.
- Oversees subsidiary corporate governance, general corporate filings and registrations.
- Advises, manages and supports corporate governance matters for Allina Health Operating Units, Subsidiaries, Joint Ventures and other affiliates, including restructuring transactions and coordinating with internal and external counsels as well as business partners.
- Plays a leadership role in efforts to streamline work processes and improve the services provided by the department.
- Serves as the Primary Vendor Relationship Manager for parent company board portal, subsidiary management database, and registered agent vendors. Oversee these governance programs and budgets.
- Oversight of Assumed Name registrations.
- Oversight of Annual Report filings.
- Provides assistance with various corporate governance related activities (e.g., Corporate Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.