The Assistant Director for Career and Professional Development is responsible for providing career counseling and professional development coaching to students and alumni, including meeting one-on-one with current students and alumni and creating, designing and providing resources and strategies for individual career development and networking.
This position will also: design and lead programs; build and maintain relationships with employers and external constituents; develop and expand alumni and employer outreach programs; and collaborate with internal constituents to strengthen Career and Professional Development programs.
• J.D. required with significant experience practicing law
• 3-5 years professional career counseling and/or placement experience with legal professionals (may consider a combination of education and experience) preferred; professional contact, interaction and knowledge of legal employers, legal job market and unique aspects of practicing law or using a J.D. for alternative employment opportunities
• Significant familiarity, experience, connections and understanding of traditional and alternative occupations for legal professionals
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to successfully lead and facilitate small and large group presentations and discussions
• Strong connections with practicing attorneys, judges, and the legal community
• High level of energy and creativity; strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of, and experience with website management and database programs (e.g. RaisersEdge, Symplicity, WordPress, etc.)
• Must have the ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed to meet programming, student and alumni needs
To apply please send cover letter and resume, including salary requirements:
• by e-mail to email@example.com
• Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.