Nilan Johnson Lewis is a majority women-owned law firm with an innovative, team-based approach to the practice of law. We are dedicated to building the strongest possible firm through deep and unique partnerships with clients. Our culture emphasizes excellence in every interaction, superior client service, and collaboration.
Our Corporate and Transactional Services Practice Group seeks an associate with at least 3-5 years of corporate and transactional experience to join their group. The qualified individual will have in-depth knowledge in corporate, real estate, and general contract law. Ideally, this person will have the following experience:
▪ Drafting operating agreements and corporate formation documents
▪ Representing sellers or buyers in commercial real estate transactions
▪ Experience working with construction contracts
▪ Negotiating complex contracts
▪ Reviewing/negotiating software licensing and SAAS agreements
• Data privacy agreements, including regulated data (PHI under HIPAA, PII under GLBA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
• Data security agreements (and general knowledge of security standards under PCI-DSS, SOC 2, Type II, ISO 27001 or SSAE 16)
• Commercial lending transactions
▪ Acquisition, merger and other business combination transactions
▪ Working with health care industry and other large non-profit organizations
Exceptional research and writing skills required. Academic credentials will be weighed along with other indicators of ability, motivation and initiative. Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills along with experience in direct client contact. Must be admitted to practice in MN (or eligible). Admission in Wisconsin is desired.
If you are interested in this unique and challenging opportunity, please submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to:
Nilan Johnson Lewis PA
250 Marquette Avenue South, Suite 800
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Nilan Johnson Lewis is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender dentity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.