We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let’s talk about what’s possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
Best Buy has an immediate opening at its Richfield, Minnesota, corporate headquarters for an Associate Corporate Counsel to serve in the position of Associate Corporate Counsel- Transactions. This role will be to serve as counsel for a variety of business teams including services, supply chain and IT. The role will provide commercial transactional support and general legal advice.
What will you do?
- Drafts and negotiates transactional legal agreements, primary in the technology sector, including NDAs, Trial and Test Agreements, End User License Agreements, hardware purchase and services agreements
- Advises business teams on a wide variety of legal and business matters
- Proactively makes decisions within own area of responsibility
- Develops and maintains legal form agreements
- Assists other legal department team members with transactional matters
- Conducts legal research
- Other matters and projects as assigned
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school, and admitted to practice law in the State of Minnesota
- Minimum of 2 years corporate or private law firm commercial transactions experience or 2 years of comparable experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional and skilled at developing creative and practical legal and business solutions
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proven proficiency in client relations Detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and independently and thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment
Auto Req. ID812546BREmployment CategoryFull TimeJob CategoryLegalJob LevelIndividual ContributorLocation Number980240-105-Legal-TransactionsAddress7601 Penn Avenue SouthCityRichfieldStateMN