Ameriprise Financial’s General Counsel’s Organization is looking to hire an attorney to provide legal advice regarding the Company’s contracts. This position will support the enterprise and all of its business lines globally and advise, draft and negotiate contracts in a variety of subject matter areas.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of contractual provisions in vendor contracts, which subject matter can include technology license and services agreements, real estate leases and related service arrangements, travel agreements and the like
- Provide legal advice to business and staff groups on existing vendor contracts and related issues, with a solutions-oriented, risk management focus
- Proactively identify opportunities to minimize risk to the Company in its contracts and vendor relationships
- Conduct research on relevant legal requirements
- Learn, leverage and educate the team on industry best practices and other, relevant benchmarking
- Engage in relevant continuing legal and other education to maintain and grow technical and subject matter knowledge
- Collaborate with legal and compliance colleagues across the General Counsel’s Organization in performing responsibilities
- Actively engage as an employee in the global culture of the General Counsel’s Organization and the Company
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience
- Good standing with the Bar in one state with the ability to become licensed in Minnesota as necessary
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Ability to prepare and present matters to leaders and to work across all levels of the organization
- Energetic, service-oriented individual with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinker, detail-oriented and meticulous with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Self-motivated, with the ability to achieve results as an individual contributor while working in a diverse, team-based environment
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of office products
- Aptitude for learning evolving technology
- Ability to adapt to different cultures & styles of leadership
- Innovative mindset
- Experience with the financial services industry, in particular broker-dealers, investment advisers, asset management, and/or insurance, and applicable laws and regulations is a plus, but not required.
About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Link for candidates to apply – https://bit.ly/2VpnW6z