Associate General Counsel I – (190270US)
Employee Status: Regular
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: Not Applicable
About Children’s Minnesota
Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota’s only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
In collaboration with the General and Deputy General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel will provide a wide range of legal services for Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota (“Children’s”).
* Must be a member, in good standing, of the Minnesota Bar (or ability to become admitted within one year of hire).
* Requires a JD from an accredited law school with demonstrated superior academic performance.
* 2-4 years’ experience providing legal or related services in a healthcare setting or to health care clients in a law firm setting.
* Demonstrated experience in general corporate and commercial matters and in healthcare transactional matters.
* Experience with State and Federal laws and regulations related to hospitals and health care (including State licensing laws, CMS Conditions of Participation, Fraud & Abuse laws).
* Employment law, corporate governance, technology transfer, tax-exempt organizations.
* Assist with corporate and commercial matters.
* Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, and other arrangements designed to improve the delivery of health care services.
* Provide advice and counsel on general hospital and health care related and other matters (a wide range of regulatory compliance and transactional and operational issues).
* Provide written and oral advice to Children’s personnel.
* Interact with other Children’s personnel to ensure that legal services are provided in a timely, practical, and cost-effective manner consistent with Children’s mission, vision and values.
* Demonstrate a strong spirit of teamwork, offering positive, constructive, solutions-oriented ideas to clients and other members of the legal services department.
* Perform other duties as requested by the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel.
* Be an assertive self-starter and be able to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
* Possess the maturity, flexibility, and poise to work effectively with individuals at all levels of Children’s.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children’s requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Job Posting: Jul 24, 2019, 4:06:23 PM
Job: Business Professional
Primary Location: USA-MN-Edina