Attorney (Health Care), HealthPartners
- Job ID: 56978
- Department: Legal
- City: Bloomington, MN
- Location: HP – Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Anticipated Work Schedule: General Business Hours
- Hrs/Pay Period: 80
HealthPartners has an exciting opportunity for a Health Care Attorney. The Law Department is seeking a full-time health care attorney with a minimum of three years relevant experience advising health care delivery entities. Desired expertise includes transactions, contracting (professional services, vendor, IS&T), anti-trust, tax exemption, privacy, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory compliance, and medical staff.
Applicants must have a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, relevant experience, and a desire to work in a collaborative and team environment. Minnesota bar admission is required.
HealthPartners is a tax-exempt integrated care delivery and financing system based in Bloomington MN. The system employs 26,000 people and includes 9 hospitals, employs nearly 1,800 physicians practicing in over 50 clinics, and provides a broad array of additional services including dental, transportation, home care, hospice, research and education.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and wellbeing, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
- Provide in-depth analysis and legal advice to clients in select business units, consistent with the organization’s risk tolerance.
- Conduct factual inquiries and identify legal issues.
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
- Develop and recommend legal strategy and compliant solutions for business challenges in the health insurance industry.
- Negotiate, draft, review and revise agreements and a variety of other legal documents.
- Represent and advocate for HealthPartners and its related organizations before a variety of agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Work collaboratively within assigned team, the department, and as part of interdisciplinary teams.
- Work independently with assigned clients and projects.
- Actively develop additional areas of expertise; act as backup in multiple substantive areas.
- Support significant corporate transactions.
- Manage outside counsel as needed.
- Model HealthPartners values of excellence, compassion, partnership, and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel.
- Law Degree from an accredited school with strong academic credentials.
- Current license to practice; must be admitted to Minnesota Courts within 6 months or as determined by the General Counsel.
- At least 3 years of legal experience advising health care delivery entities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in the some or all of the following areas: transactions, contracting (professional services, vendor, IS&T), anti-trust, tax exemption, privacy, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory compliance, and medical staff or other experience in the health care industry which would support HealthPartners mission and vision.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows and electronic document management environments. Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and an ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies.
HealthPartners offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #56978. No phone calls or agencies please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.