Provide statewide leadership and policy direction on MnDOT’s equity programs in this permanent, full-time position. Promote small business procurement, job training, Tribal Employment Rights Offices (TERO) and Title VI programs. Develop and implement statewide policies, programs, and practices to ensure equitable outcomes and strategic advances in employment of women and persons of color in highway heavy construction, throughout the state, city, county, and transit systems. This role serves as a civil rights program spokesperson, facilitating stakeholder engagement, compliance, monitoring, and reporting.
This is a Central Office position located in St. Paul, MN. This position will have the option to telework; the employee will be required to complete a telework agreement.
Three years of managerial experience or four years of professional supervisory experience managing, leading or directing organizational diversity, equity, access, and inclusion efforts.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you must address your experience in the areas below in a cover letter and attach it with your resume to the online application. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit the required cover letter.
· Technical expertise: Experience completing equitable contracting work in a diversity and inclusion program; and experience advancing equity.
· Policy making: Experience developing and implementing policies and applying state and federal laws, statutes, policies, and regulations related to equity programs.
· Leadership: Experience supervising and managing professional staff in multiple functional areas.
· Human relations: Experience engaging with diverse individuals and groups to build strong relationships with coworkers and community partners; and experience facilitating and conducting presentations before large groups of people both in classroom and in virtual environments.
· Fiscal: Experience developing and managing budgets including the allocation of resources.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
APPLY ONLINE BY 5/23/2022:
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click “External Applicants”.
3. On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “55436” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – LinkedIn
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Shannon Huberty, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist Shannon.Huberty@state.mn.us
Salary Range: $41.82 – $59.98/hourly; $87,320 – $125,238/annually