COMMUNITY CLINIC SUPERVISING ATTORNEY – FULL-TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time supervising attorney to manage staff attorneys at several community-based legal clinics in Hennepin County. This position would be based in the Minneapolis office. MMLA currently has community-based legal clinics at Isuroon, Brian Coyle Center, Children’s Hospital, and Northside Residents Redevelopment Council, and we anticipate starting two additional community-based clinics this fall.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Supervise legal work of community-based staff attorneys
- Manage grants, plan unit work, and evaluate programs
- Provide legal services and represent clients through legal advocacy, litigation, and community outreach
- Advocate for clients at all levels
- Must be licensed to practice law in Minnesota or be eligible for admission by reciprocity
- Must have at least three years of experience practicing law
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the needs of low-income and vulnerable clients
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team to serve clients’ needs
- Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
- Language proficiency, especially in Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, or Spanish, preferred
- Experience supervising, teaching, and/or mentoring preferred
SALARY: Up to $88,500 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, cover letter, three job-related references, and a writing sample online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment by August 6th, 2021, or until the position is filled.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.