This position is expected to work in a hybrid model (three days per week in office) based out of our corporate campus located in Richfield, Minnesota.
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let’s talk about what’s possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
What will you do?
The Corporate Counsel filling this role will provide legal support for the Best Buy Health Team but will also have opportunities to provide transactional support to other areas of the business on projects and initiatives. Check out https://healthcare.bestbuy.com for more information.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with clients that include Healthcare systems/providers, Senior Living Facilities and payors concerning Best Buy Health’s products and services that enable virtual healthcare delivery, remote patient monitoring and emergency response services
- Providing healthcare regulatory advice in coordination with other legal team members while working closely with the Enterprise Risk and Compliance team and a variety of other functional areas
- Provide Legal support for Best Buy Health projects and initiatives
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple information sources
- Provide practical advice on technical matters and business operations
- Quickly develop and maintain relationships and rapport with business owners and cross-functional partners that help facilitate transactions and ongoing operations
- Utilize communication and diplomacy skills required to direct, persuade and influence clients and cross-functional partners
- Operate in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision on critical projects
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to practice law in at least one state (preferably Minnesota or willingness to become licensed in Minnesota).
- 5 years of demonstrated work experience providing legal advice on sophisticated commercial contracts
- Healthcare industry experience with emphasis on digital healthcare/health technology, arrangements leveraging health data, and medical device regulations (e.g., HIPAA and state privacy laws, Medicare and Medicaid participation and billing, fraud and abuse laws, anti-kickback laws, FDA medical device regulations, requirements governing clinical and applied research)
- Experience with technology licensing and contracts involving software as a service / platform as a service
- Knowledge of finance, tax, and accounting issues impacting commercial and corporate transactions
- Experience with integrating businesses following a merger, acquisition or joint venture
Auto Req. ID860980BR
Address7601 Penn Avenue South