Corporate Counsel – Hybrid
As the Corporate Counsel, you will provide transactional support to various areas of the business on projects and initiatives, including, but not limited to our Digital, Analytics and Technology areas. This person is responsible for reading, redlining, negotiating, reviewing/redrafting of contracts/agreements, etc. This is a highly collaborative role working cross functionally with internal business partners.
This role is hybrid, which means you must be located within a drivable distance to our Best Buy corporate office in Richfield, MN. You might be asked to come into the office up to 3 days a week.
What you’ll do
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Advising business leaders on a wide variety of topics, including business and compliance matters, risk, customer and vendor relationships
- Integrating and collaborating with business stakeholders to understand objectives
- Proactively making decisions, exercising professional judgment and discretion to meet business and legal requirements in unique or complex circumstances
- Handling a high volume of agreements and multiple matters simultaneously; and managing outside counsel as needed
- Familiarity with current data privacy and data security concepts and regulations
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in MN
- 3+ years of post-bar practicing attorney experience providing legal support in a combination of law firm, government or corporate settings.
- 2+ years demonstrated work experience providing transactional support and legal advice on complex commercial contracts in the technology space, whether at a law firm, as corporate counsel, or in an equivalent role
- Experience reading and drafting SAAS, MSA, SLMA and Telecom agreements
What’s in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Physical and mental well-being support
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™
Req # 899569BR
Brand: Best Buy
Job Category: Legal Group
Job Level: Manager
Minimum Pay: ($)96,600.00
Store Number or Department: 900010 Corporate 1 MN
Maximum Pay: ($)171,800.00
Address Line 1: 7601 Penn Avenue South
Search Categories: Corporate
Benefits: Best Buy offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being, as outlined in the Benefits Guide. Eligibility may vary.
Apply at Corporate Counsel – Hybrid | Best Buy (brassring.com)