Job ID 5582855Job Description
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Legal – Our vision is to advance the company’s strategy, support its transformation, and effectively manage risk through a team known for collaboration, sound judgment, and proactive advice.
We support our vision with four strategic pillars: Integrated Business Advice, Risk Management, Talent & Leadership Development, and Operational Excellence. #LegalDeptJobs
This Counsel will work in the Public Affairs & Regulatory Implementation Section of the Risk & Regulatory Division of the Legal Department supporting activities relating to the enterprise regulatory change management process. This attorney will be responsible for, among other things, reviewing and analyzing State and Federal legislation and regulations applicable to all areas of the Company. The attorney will also support the Company’s advocacy efforts on proposed regulations and pending legislation.
- Researching and analyzing state and federal regulations, legislation, and other regulatory issuances to help identify compliance requirements applicable to the Company; preparing high-level summaries of applicable provisions; and ensuring proper notification of regulatory changes to enterprise stakeholders based on an understanding of the Company’s lines of business and risk management framework.
- Responding to inquiries concerning legislative changes as well as proposed and final regulatory changes and prepares summarizing and analyzing the impact of such changes.
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to research law and regulations and develop advice with respect to complex legal issues using public as well as company websites and databases
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience preparing legal memoranda for senior attorneys and business leaders
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong legal research and writing skills, including a demonstrated ability to use online research tools, such as Westlaw, legislative monitoring websites and government websites
- Experience researching Federal and State laws and regulations across various subject matter areas
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State legislative and regulatory processes
- Working knowledge of the banking and financial services industry and the supervisory and regulatory framework governing bank holding companies, national banks and broker-dealers
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St – Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St – Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St – Des Moines, IA
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive – Irving, TX
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.