Counsel, Procurement, Environmental & Real Estate – Energizer
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings responsibly creates products to make lives easier and more enjoyable. To do this, we lean into our culture as an organization – we win together, while serving each other, with a willingness to act boldly, all while doing right. Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared mission and purpose make us one team. Because we’re a global organization, you will always have opportunities to learn, grow and develop in your career. We support flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
The mission of Energizer’s Legal Department is to serve as a trusted business partner to our clients – utilizing our deep understanding of the business to proactively provide insights and data that help drive profit, while also providing clear risk-based counsel to defend our brands. We champion our culture to: win together, while serving each other, with a willingness to act boldly, all while doing right. And, as a team, we are passionate about our corporate purpose to “responsibly create products to make peoples’ lives easier and more enjoyable”. We do this by helping to lead our company’s ESG efforts, promoting diversity and inclusion in everything we do, and investing time in our people to drive professional growth and advance careers. And, throughout it all, we support each other and have fun together!
Energizer is a global company that owns an extensive portfolio of some of the World’s most recognizable brands and icons, including Energizer® and the Energizer Bunny®, Rayovac® , Eveready®, VARTA®, Armor All®, STP®, A/C Pro® , Eagle One®, Lexol®, Nu Finish®, California Scents®, Refresh Your Car®, Driven® and Bahama & Co.®.
Energizer is seeking an experienced and motivated Counsel for Procurement, Environmental, and Real Estate matters who will be responsible for providing legal advice and support on a wide range of matters facing a consumer products company, globally. Counsel will interact with and provide support to the following functions: Procurement, Supply Chain, Environmental, and Real Estate. This is a strong growth opportunity for a dynamic lawyer looking to join a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Provide legal support to the procurement, supply chain, environmental, and real estate functions
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review various complex direct and indirect procurement contracts, including logistics, supply chain and related agreements, and negotiate and manage agreements related to Energizer’s leased and owned properties, globally.
- Consult with senior leaders to provide advice on risks and drive practical business solutions to complex supply chain disruption issues.
- Support the business’s digital transformation efforts by automating the procurement process with tools and playbooks.
- Provide legal support to the environmental team in land sales, agency interactions, remediation activities, and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Experience
- Member of at least one state bar
- Juris Doctorate degree (JD) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in large law firm with significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements and business issues, including procurement, real estate, and environmental issues
- Experience advising global clients preferred
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make solid judgment calls under pressure
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in a matrix management structure
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with senior management and other members of the legal team and to influence outcomes positively
Working Relationships & Environment
- Will partner with the following departments: Procurement, Supply Chain, Environmental, and Real Estate.
- Some travel required.
Come Join Us!
Energizer offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a range of health, well-being and retirement savings coverage, paid time off and holidays, and many opportunities to learn, develop and grow. At Energizer, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.