State Farm Insurance Companies
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
David M. Werwie & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance companies, is seeking a trial attorney with 3-8 years of Minnesota civil litigation experience and possesses knowledge of Minnesota automobile insurance litigation, civil procedure, evidence, and trial strategy to join our St. Paul, MN office. Candidates must be active members in good standing with the Minnesota Bar and possess outstanding written and oral advocacy skills, the ability to work efficiently with cases in electronic form, and strong software/technological skills including competency in Word, Outlook, and Westlaw. The most qualified candidate will be a self-starter who can independently identify issues and handle a mixed, high-volume caseload of multiple suits in various stages of litigation through arbitration and trial, including appeals, while also demonstrating initiative in personal and professional development. First-chair jury trial experience is a plus. Driving to job related activities will be required in this role, as will occasional commercial transportation. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role will be required to spend some time in the office. Ability to work and appear professionally from a private remote location will also be required as in-office work may not always be available.
Located in St. Paul, MN, we enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff, competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
Location: 30 East 7th Street, Suite 3100, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in Minnesota
- Preferred top 33% of graduating class in law school
- Preferred insurance defense litigation experience
- Preferred expertise in Minnesota automobile insurance litigation in the areas of UM, UIM, and Liability
- Demonstrated excellent legal writing and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary customer and client service
- Ability to successfully handle substantive and procedural legal issues in Minnesota
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity