PAVSA has a unique opportunity for a motivated and resourceful attorney. We are seeking a Project Attorney to provide direct representation to victim/survivors of sexual violence in Southern St Louis County. PAVSA is accepting applications until March 26, 2021.
PAVSA, The Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault, has been Southern St Louis County’s sole rape crisis advocacy agency since 1975. Services available include helpline advocacy 24/7, medical advocacy,
legal advocacy, forensic exams from trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners, therapy, support groups, and supportive advocacy & referrals. Crisis services are provided to primary and secondary adult & minor victim/survivors ages 12 and up who have experienced any form of sexual violence across their lifespan.
The attorney will represent victim/survivors of sexual violence in Southern St Louis County. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing direct representation to sexual violence victim/survivors in civil cases, preparation of litigation materials, conducting legal research, and working collaboratively with advocates at PAVSA.
- Licensed attorney in the State of Minnesota or the ability to be admitted to the Minnesota Bar within 6 months (required)
- 2 years experience providing advocacy to sexual violence victim/survivors (preferred)
- 2 years experience advocating for underrepresented communities (i.e. communities of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender people, migrant workers, immigrants and refugees, women used in prostitution, vulnerable adults, differently abled, etc.) (preferred)
- 1 year of experience in program or project development and implementation (preferred)
- Demonstrated writing abilities
- Computer skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and accomplish new tasks
Other relevant position information:
- Must be able to work closely with sexual violence advocates
- Knowledge of other language(s) is a plus
- Knowledge of intersectionality and BIPOC history/historical trauma a plus
- We encourage applications from BIPOC, people of all genders, veterans, and people with disabilities
This is a full-time position with salary range of $61,000-63,000 including health insurance and vacation benefits.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter discussing their interest in and qualifications for position and their resume to:
Attn: Sara Niemi
32 E 1st St #200
Duluth, MN 55802
PAVSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.