Are you looking for an alternative career to practicing law? Do you have a sincere interest in writing about legal topics and helping legal professionals find useful information? Are you a self-starter looking to join a team of creative and motivated individuals? Then you are the one we want.
FindLaw.com is the number one destination for consumers with legal needs, with more than eight million visits each month. It is home to the largest online directory of lawyers. As a trusted source, millions of consumers and lawyers turn to FindLaw.com to learn about a legal topic, solve a legal problem, get practice tips or find a lawyer. It’s your content that makes this happen.
- Create and edit accessible, smart and useful content across multiple legal practice areas in collaboration with editorial and performance partners. Content includes blogs, legal articles, case summaries and more.
- Write effective informational content designed to help FindLaw.com users find answers to their most pressing legal industry questions.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing, Performance and Social Media Teams to optimize your content using best practices in tagging, keyword usage, headline creation, content optimization and basic SEO.
- Assist editors and senior writers in content production and editing tasks as needed, including topic sourcing, copyediting and content maintenance.
- Work with editors, senior writers and colleagues to constantly refine and improve FindLaw content best practices. We are never satisfied, and we hope you aren’t either.
- JD required
- 3+ years of professional or legal writing experience required
- Experience in legal marketing a plus
- Experience in judicial clerkship a plus
- Experience writing precisely and succinctly under tight deadlines
- Experience writing and editing in a professional setting
- Adobe Experience Manager or other content management system experience a plus
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to research, write and edit compelling, accurate information for consumer audiences.
- Internet savvy with experience using social media tools such as blogs, social networks, microblogging, social bookmarking and/or social sharing. A good grasp on what makes content shareable across networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn is a plus.
- Comfort with editor review of content and with constructive criticism.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- J.D. required
- Resume/online application
- Two writing samples
Please click on the following link for more information and to apply: http://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/ShowJob/Id/317411/Legal%20Writer%20(FindLaw.com)