Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time staff attorney as part of the Minneapolis Housing Unit. As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Advise and represent clients in a variety of court and administrative forums
- Provide training for tenants and advocates about housing rights
- Assist with community outreach and education as needed for clients’ needs
- May engage in policy advocacy
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota, registered to take the Minnesota Bar Examination, or eligible for admission by reciprocity
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the needs of low-income and vulnerable clients
- Commitment to working as a team member to serve client needs
- Desire to appear in court to litigate client rights
- Excellent analytical skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
- Language proficiency, especially in Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, or Spanish, preferred
- Legal training, knowledge of community resources, and experience with case management software preferred
SALARY: $51,000 to $66,478 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, cover letter, three job-related references, and a writing sample online at: www.mylegalaid.org/employment by July 23rd, 2021, or until position is filled.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.