Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks an Immigration Paralegal with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience to join our Immigration Practice based in Minneapolis, MN. This position can work remotely.
Primary work consists of non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications including, but not limited to: H-1B, L-1A, J-1 Waiver, TN, R1, P, O, labor certification applications, national interest waivers, multinational executives or managers, immediate relative petitions, and a range of other immigration categories, including U.S. citizenship. Duties require excellent typing, organization, teamwork and communication skills in order to provide outstanding legal support services to the firm’s attorneys, staff and clients.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience within a law firm with a demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the immigration practice area; boutique firm experience a plus
· Candidates with USCIS experience a plus
· Prior experience using immigration case management software; INSZoom experience a huge plus
· Prior experience working on immigration classifications such as: H-1B, L-1A, J-1 Waiver, TN, R1, P, O, labor certification applications, or national interest waivers preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Political Science preferred, additional Paralegal certification preferred but not required, commensurate experience will be considered
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Teams
Qualities Ideal Candidates will have:
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
· Willingness to abide by the confidentiality requirements of providing legal services
· Commitment to meeting deadlines; timely communicate status of projects and work performed
· Proficient in communicating with a well-balanced team to help ensure deadlines are met and clients receive excellent legal services
*Benefits: Comprehensive HDHP health plan, dental plan, and vision plan; Teladoc coverage for remote medical care; HSA for medical, and dependent care FSA; Competitive paid time off (PTO) available and increasing with tenure at the firm; 4 hours PTO for medical appointments; 11 paid holidays, including the observation of Juneteenth; life and AD&D coverage through Unum; short-term and long-term disability insurance; identity theft protection; pet insurance; AFLAC and umbrella coverage available; Employee Assistance Program; 401(k) savings plan with matching and profit-sharing contribution; paid parental leave; emergency travel assistance; student loan refinancing options and financial planning assistance; onsite parking and/or public transportation subsidies; monthly gym reimbursement.
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP requires that all employees be vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed.
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is OPEN to submissions by external recruiters or search firms. Please contact the firm’s Legal Recruiting Specialist, Thomas Reddington, at firstname.lastname@example.org.