Intake Coordinator (1.0 FTE) – ￼Volunteer Lawyers Network
Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) provides free advice and legal representation to low-income individuals and underserved communities through volunteer attorneys, interpreters, and other legal professionals. VLN is a private non-profit organization affiliated with the Hennepin County Bar Association. VLN’s mission is to protect and promote the basic needs of people in poverty through the power of legal volunteers. VLN envisions a society where everyone has equal access to the legal services essential for stability and well-being.
The Intake Coordinator oversees the operation of VLN’s client intake line and ensures that potential clients have a quality experience when applying for free legal services. Potential clients call VLN’s intake telephone line to be screened for financial eligibility and legal issue eligibility because VLN can only assist low-income clients with certain types of legal problems. Potential clients may also apply for services online or be referred to the organization by other civil legal services providers via e-transfer. The Intake Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all requests for legal services are responded to in a timely and consistent manner. This is a highly collaborative position, the Intake Coordinator works closely with VLN’s intake team and legal program staff to ensure coordination regarding intake procedures, guidelines, and other intake related topics.
- Provides quality experience for the caller (e.g., listens actively and empathetically, asks relevant questions, de-escalates tensions, provides appropriate referrals, clearly explains next steps, etc.)
- Works to identify and remove intake related barriers to client services.
- Provides feedback to Program Director about intake procedures, guidelines, and other intake related topics.
- Works with the intake team and other program staff to ensure clients receive quality services.
- Assists other intake staff in answering questions related to intake by monitoring questions channel and Teams chat during intake shifts.
- Facilitates timely communications between intake and the rest of VLN.
- Trains new intake-staff on all aspects of intake and provides on-going support to intake staff (e.g. debriefing, problem-solving client issues, etc.)
- Provides trainings on intake policies, guidelines, or procedures to program staff as needed or requested.
- Co-leads intake staff meetings and facilitates check-ins after each intake shift ends.
- Responds diligently to requests for data corrections.
- Participates in two weekly, collaborative meetings to address issues with LegalServer case management system.
- Trains new staff on how to use LegalServer for intake purposes.
- Builds and maintains back-end system of case management and online intake portions of LegalServer.
- Problem solves issues that arise with LegalServer by submitting help tickets, discussing resolutions with LS team, reading LS help material, and implementing technical solutions.
- Serves as a point person for e-transfer policies, questions, and technical information/knowledge both within VLN and for external organizations.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income communities and communities of color.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365. (Experience with database or case management systems preferred but not required).
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills. (Fluency in another language such as Spanish , Somali, or Hmong strongly preferred but not required).
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or atleast two consecutive year’s relevant work experience as an employee for another organization.
- Prior work or volunteer experience related to VLN’s mission or VLN’s client communities is preferred.
Due to the pandemic, VLN staff are primarily working remotely. The Intake Coordinator may be required to come into the office or work off-site on an as-needed basis. VLN anticipates that staff, including this position, will return to performing some work in-person at VLN’s office.
Compensation and Benefits
VLN offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Hourly compensation at the rate of $16.00 per hour (40 hours/week).
- Paid Time Off
- IRA Plan with 3% employer contribution
- Healthcare (100% coverage for an employee; option for employees to buy into the lower deductible plan)
- Dental (100% coverage for employees)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Please note, all plan benefits programs are governed by plan documents. In the event of conflicts, the plan documents govern.
We are accepting applications until April 8, 2022. Selected applicants will be asked to participate in a remote interview with members of VLN’s leadership and intake teams. Finalists may be invited to participate in a second interview.
Job sharing is not available for this position.
VLN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Those with diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail cover letter explaining your qualifications, as well as resume, to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 8, 2022