Legal Secretary (3 openings), Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings
Posted 2 years ago
Legal Secretary positions open until May 28
We are excited to announce that we are hiring up to three Legal Secretaries!
The legal secretaries will be based in either Duluth or St. Paul, with the potential to work remotely part-time.
About the job
The legal secretaries will:
- Provide high-level legal and administrative office support services to multiple OAH judges and staff attorneys;
- Draft, proofread, edit, and finalize lengthy, difficult, and complex legal documents for judges or staff attorneys;
- Ensure quality content, grammar, spelling, and citation format in legal documents;
- Process court filings;
- Maintain accurate and complete data in OAH case management systems.
- Completion of a legal secretary training program, legal secretary certification or experience as a legal secretary.
- Legal secretary experience or training that demonstrates the following skills and abilities:
- Use of legal terminology to prepare and process legal documents and correspondence.
- Data entry skills sufficient to create database records and update entries.
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to a variety of customers over the phone, in person and via email.
- Microsoft Word skills sufficient to type, format, edit and finalize legal documents and other written materials that are properly formatted, grammatically correct and error-free.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively with individuals who do not share the same culture, ethnicity, language, or other common experiences.
Applications are being accepted until May 28, 2021 at mn.gov/careers using job ID 45773. If you know someone who you think would be perfect for this role, please encourage that person to apply!