We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
David M. Werwie & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm insurance companies, is seeking a litigation paralegal with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our St. Paul, MN office. Qualified candidates will have civil litigation and auto related insurance defense experience, the ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and the ability to prioritize work load in a time sensitive environment. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to supporting two attorneys with discovery responses, record collection, medical summaries/chronologies, drafting reports for claims partners, and trial preparation experience. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role are required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
Located in St. Paul, MN we enjoy and active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff.
· Prior litigation or paralegal experience, paralegal degree/certificate/certification, medical training, or relevant coursework or legal studies degree is required
· 2-4 years of civil litigation experience in the area of auto related insurance defense or personal injury is preferred
· Familiarity with Court Rules and Procedures
· Background in preparing discovery responses, record collection, preparing medical record summaries/chronologies, and drafting reports for claims partners
· Trial preparation experience
· Strong software/technical skills specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
· Experience working in an electronic/digital environment including
· Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. Work opportunity