The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) is seeking a full-time staff attorney to advance the dignity, self-determination, and equality of individuals with disabilities. This position has a focus on litigation. At this time, all or most activities will be done remotely. In the future, activities may be done in person at the Minneapolis office, with travel throughout Minnesota required.
- Provide legal services through legal advocacy, negotiation, mediation, litigation, and handling of administrative and court proceedings
- Litigate ADA public access cases from intake to appeal
- Provide technical legal support to other individuals or groups
- Apply the principles of MDLC’s vision and Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One to five years of disability rights or discrimination-related litigation experience
- Attorney applicants must be currently licensed in Minnesota.
- Attorneys admitted in states other than Minnesota can get temporary pre-exam admission
- Demonstrated legal skills
- Effective litigation outcomes
- Proven record of effective case handling and outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Access to reliable transportation as statewide travel is required
- Second language ability, particularly Spanish, ASL, or Somali, is a plus
- Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences are a plus
SALARY: $51,000 to $56,460 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by April 5th, 2021, or until position is filled.
Starting date will be negotiated based upon bar admission and office needs.
No agencies. No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.