MEDICAL-LEGAL PARTNERSHIP ATTORNEY – ST. CLOUD
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) is seeking a full-time attorney for its St. Cloud office to staff a Medical-Legal Partnership (MLP) with CentraCare’s Pediatrics Clinic. This position will co-locate at the St. Cloud Legal Aid office and at the Pediatrics Clinic in St. Cloud.
St. Cloud is a city of 60,000, located 65 miles northwest of the Twin Cities. The Legal Aid office is a mid-sized law office with 13 attorneys and a staff of 36 that provides civil legal representation to people with low incomes in nine central Minnesota counties.
As an equal opportunity employer, Legal Aid is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
· Apply the principles of Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
· Develop, strengthen, and maintain relationships with the client community and partners
· Work with the clinic’s medical staff to identify legal issues adversely impacting their patients
· Represent patients and families in civil legal issues, such as housing, family, access to disability benefits, public benefits, and immigration
· Screen clients for a wide range of legal needs and, in consultation with the supervising attorney, determine the appropriate level of representation
· Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota or eligible for admission by reciprocity
· Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the needs of people with low incomes and other vulnerable clients
· Creativity and a desire to work semi-independently
· Commitment to working as a team member to serve client needs
· Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
· Legal training, knowledge of community resources, and experience with case management software preferred
· Language proficiency, particularly in Spanish, Somali, or Vietnamese, preferred
· Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
SALARY: $53,500 to $58,500 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, life insurance, vacation, and sick leave.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, cover letter expressing interest in the position, and three job-related references online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment by December 31st, 2021, or until position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Jolene Chestnut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.