OAH is accepting applications for up to two Workers’ Compensation Judges through June 30, 2022.
Interested in an informational interview? Have a question? Please send an email to OAH.email@example.com.
The Workers’ Compensation Judges will:
- Serve as a workers’ compensation judge.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Judicial Conduct and applicable statutory codes of ethics.
- Research, understand, interpret, apply and explain relevant law in complex legal and factual settings.
- Conduct fair and impartial hearings in complex, adversarial cases in accordance with governing laws and rules.
- Resolve issues of law and fact based upon the application of sound, supported legal reasoning to facts based upon evidence in the hearing record.
- Engage in clear, respectful oral communication.
- Prepare clear, concise and easily understandable written decisions and orders.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and respectful relationships with diverse people.
- Maintain license to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- Current licensure in good standing to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workers’ compensation laws.
- Demonstrated legal writing skills.
- Intercultural competency. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with individuals who do not share the same culture, ethnicity, language, or other common experiences.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to uphold judicial temperament, which requires compassion, decisiveness, open-mindedness, courtesy, patience, freedom from bias, and commitment to equal justice under the law.
Positions are available at either OAH office – St. Paul or Duluth. Judges at these locations work a minimum of 4 days in the office per pay period.
Apply online at mn.gov/careers using job ID 55945.
Applications require a cover letter, resume, application, and writing sample.
If you know someone who you think would be perfect for this role, please encourage them to apply!