Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings – Workers’ Compensation Judges
Posted 10 months ago
OAH is accepting applications for up to two Workers’ Compensation Judges through June 30, 2022.
Apply for Workers’ Compensation Judge (Job ID 55945)
Interested in an informational interview? Have a question? Please send an email to OAH.email@example.com.
The Workers’ Compensation Judges will:
- Serve as a workers’ compensation judge.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Judicial Conduct and applicable statutory codes of ethics.
- Research, understand, interpret, apply and explain relevant law in complex legal and factual settings.
- Conduct fair and impartial hearings in complex, adversarial cases in accordance with governing laws and rules.
- Resolve issues of law and fact based upon the application of sound, supported legal reasoning to facts based upon evidence in the hearing record.
- Engage in clear, respectful oral communication.
- Prepare clear, concise and easily understandable written decisions and orders.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and respectful relationships with diverse people.
- Maintain license to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- Current licensure in good standing to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workers’ compensation laws.
- Demonstrated legal writing skills.
- Intercultural competency. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with individuals who do not share the same culture, ethnicity, language, or other common experiences.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to uphold judicial temperament, which requires compassion, decisiveness, open-mindedness, courtesy, patience, freedom from bias, and commitment to equal justice under the law.
Positions are available at either OAH office – St. Paul or Duluth. Judges at these locations work a minimum of 4 days in the office per pay period.
Apply online at mn.gov/careers using job ID 55945.
Applications require a cover letter, resume, application, and writing sample.
If you know someone who you think would be perfect for this role, please encourage them to apply!