Real Estate Title Attorney – Minnesota Department of Transportation
Staff Attorney 2
Up to $104,400/annually
St. Paul, MN
Implement the title services program in the Office of Land Management (OLM), traveling to various Minnesota counties to provide state-wide assistance, and secure a good and marketable title for real estate MnDOT acquires. Research and analyze the land records for tracts of land, preparing title opinions based upon principles of real estate law. Review title opinions, field title reports, and market data reports for direct purchase and condemnation. Provide legal advice and guidance on property management matters including conveyances, permits, leases and agreements, drafting real estate documents, conducting legal research, and reviewing proposed legislation. Local telework considered with travel up to 50% with occasional overnight stays.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Vision insurance available
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Paid parental leave available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
- A Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- A current license to practice law in the State of Minnesota
- Two years of advanced professional experience that demonstrate the areas below:
- Legal research and analysis, writing, and client counseling experience.
- Experience in real property law, title examination, performing and preparing title abstracts, drafting acquisition and conveyance instruments, and property management.
- Experience related to legal descriptions, sufficient to prepare a title opinion for the acquisition of real property.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
APPLY ONLINE BY 04/25/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “54594” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – Indeed.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Shannon Huberty, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist
Salary Range: $33.61 – $50.00/hourly; $70,177 – $104,400/annually