Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Supporting corporate M&A team on a broad range of issues related to acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments, and acquisition integrations.
- Assisting with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms, conducting lien searches, gathering publicly available information.
- Gathering and organizing relevant information about 3M businesses to be divested; creating and maintaining virtual data rooms; preparing ancillary transaction documents, including disclosure schedules, closing certificates, consents, powers of attorney, etc.
- Managing preparation, organization, and distribution of signature pages; preparing and maintaining transaction checklists; attending to signing/closing logistics and closing sets.
- Serving as resource for broader 3M business and legal teams on M&A process.
- Providing work direction and guidance, as appropriate, to assigned support personnel, or vendors on specified projects that may originate at the direction of an attorney.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Paralegal Certification from an ABA approved program
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years corporate paralegal experience
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Five(5) years or more of corporate paralegal experience in securities and M&A
- Project management experience
- Experience with e-Collaboration tools
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills, and keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently, and collaboratively, as a member of a team
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain “non-U.S. persons” (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, “Temporary Residents” (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company’s sole election.Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.