This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. We support flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
The mission of Energizer’s Legal Department is to serve as a trusted business partner to our clients – utilizing our deep understanding of the business to proactively provide insights and data that help drive the business, while also providing clear risk-based counsel to defend our brands. We champion our culture of compliance and live our corporate values of: integrity, respect, teamwork, innovation, passion, and initiative. Our department works hard to help the Company deliver on financial commitments, execute major corporate projects, and build a winning culture. Finally, as a team, we are passionate about positively impacting the world by: helping to lead our company’s ESG efforts, promoting diversity and inclusion in everything we do, and investing time in our people to drive professional growth and advance careers. And, throughout it all, we support each other and have fun together!
Energizer is a global company that owns an extensive portfolio of some of the World’s most recognizable brands and icons, including Energizer® and the Energizer Bunny®, Rayovac® , Eveready®, VARTA®, Armor All®, STP®, A/C Pro® , Eagle One®, Lexol®, Nu Finish®, California Scents®, Refresh Your Car®, Driven® and Bahama & Co.®.
Energizer is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Counsel – Commercial, Anti-Trust, and E-Commerce to be responsible for providing legal advice and support on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters facing a consumer products company, globally. This role will interact with and provide support to the following departments: Sales, Marketing, and E-Commerce, and will be expected to become a partner of the business and weave legal strategies and advice into all aspects of engagement.
- Provide commercial legal support to Energizer’s North America and International commercial teams, including Digital Economy
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review various complex commercial contracts for Modern Markets and North America
- Design and implement contract management processes and tools
- Design and implement contract processes from inception to execution to promote cross-functional alignment on key terms
- Consult with senior leaders to provide advice on transactional risks and drive business solutions
- Advise on various day-to-day antitrust matters facing a global commercial team, serving many diverse customers
- Coordinate with and manage outside counsel
Required Skills and Experience
- Member of at least one state bar
- Juris Doctorate degree (JD) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in large law firm, with focus on commercial law (including significant experience advising on various go to market strategies, such as retail, agency, and distribution), antitrust law, and e-commerce law
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements and business issues
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience with antitrust/competition law
- Experience advising on IT agreements, such as SaaS and software and hardware licensing
- Experience advising global clients
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make solid judgment calls under pressure
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in a matrix management structure
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with senior management and other members of the legal team and to influence outcomes positively
Working Relationships & Environment
- Will partner with the following departments: North America and International Commercial teams
- This position will have the following direct reports: 1) Sr. Counsel, Distributor & Developing Markets, 2) Counsel, Distributor & Developing Markets.
- Some travel required
Come Join Us!
Energizer offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a range of health, wellness and retirement savings coverage, paid time off and holidays, and many opportunities to learn, develop and grow. At Energizer, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.