This role is hybrid, which means you must be located within a drivable distance to our Best Buy corporate office in Richfield, MN. You might be asked to come into the office up to 3 days per week.
We’re seeking an experienced Sr. Paralegal – Trademarks with a strong background in trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement to join our team.
This position will help manage Best Buy’s growing portfolio of domestic and international trademarks for its core, private label, and health businesses. Under the direction of a supervising attorney, this role manages a trademark docket; conducts trademark prosecution including trademark searching, prepares applications, renewals and simple office action responses; works with outside counsel; and supports foreign enforcement matters. Candidates should also have experience in coordinating powers of attorneys and obtaining legalization of documents, chain of title assessment, clean-up and other due diligence matters.
- Leads trademark prosecution and maintenance for domestic and foreign trademark matters
- Conducts trademark clearance
- Investigates trademark and domain issues and infringements
- Completes administrative work to support the team including, drafting communications, preparing documentation, and organizing and maintaining supporting files in a timely manner
- Maintains and updates docketing and file management systems to ensure docket dates and all related trademark deadlines are met
- Interacts and coordinates work with outside counsel
- Takes on additional work (projects and tasks) as needed
- Paralegal Associates Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- 5 or more years of experience as a paralegal working in a law firm, in-house legal department, consulting firm or comparable experience
- 3 or more years of domestic and international trademark paralegal experience, including experience in clearance and searching, and knowledge of domestic and international laws relating to prosecution, administrative proceedings and conflicts
- Experience with database management, docketing software and electronic file management
- Prior law firm experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize high-volume workload
- Very detail oriented with strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including experience with trademark search platforms such as Corsearch and brand protections solutions such as Appdetex is a plus
- The ideal candidate should be very comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment