Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time Staff Attorney for its St. Cloud office. This position will represent clients on family law matters, prioritizing victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and trafficking. This position is temporarily remote and will be a hybrid position upon any firm-wide office return.
As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
BACKGROUND: Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is a 7-office, 180 employee, nonprofit law firm, providing free legal representation and services to people with low incomes, people with disabilities, and elderly Minnesotans. MMLA receives funds from federal, state, and local government, foundations, United Ways, and private donors.
· Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions.
· Provide legal services to clients on family law matters, including Order for Protection, marriage dissolution, and custody cases.
· Conduct community outreach to victims/survivors, meeting clients in safe locations in the community.
· Develop and maintain community partnerships to meet victim/survivor needs. This includes identifying partnerships/services, attending community meetings, and developing strategies to meet victim/survivor needs.
· Collaborate with grant partners to meet grant/project reporting requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota, eligible for admission by reciprocity, or sitting for the Minnesota bar exam in July 2022.
· Demonstrated commitment to the needs of clients with low incomes and other vulnerable clients.
· Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to collaborate with MMLA team members while working semi-independently.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
· Legal training, knowledge of community resources, and experience with case management software.
· Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences.
· Second language proficiency.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package, including family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, cover letter expressing interest in the position, and salary expectations online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Jolene Chestnut at email@example.com.
Please direct all other inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.