Director Counsel– Corporate and M&A
Date: May 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Legal Affairs
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Regardless of specialty, this team works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business.Here, you’ll enjoy challenging work with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape.
As a Director Counsel,you’ll provide the highest level of expertise in a major substantive law specialty important to Target Corporation’s success. This includes remaining current on legal and business developments. Directors work independently with minimal direct supervision, deliver concise, respected legal advice to all management levels and coordinate the activities of other professionals in those areas. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
A role with Corporate Law and M&A means the opportunity to provide legal counsel on strategic transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments and joint ventures. The role will also involve work with the team responsible for general public company legal matters.
- Law degree from accredited law school; admitted or eligible for admission to Minnesota bar
- 5+ years legal experience in the M&A field, preferably through a combination of law firm and in-house roles
- Significant experience and demonstrated expertise in the assigned major area of responsibility
- Experience with public company legal matters preferred but not required – training will be provided
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong partnership and project organizational skills
- Strong desire for continuous learning and willingness to tackle new areas
To apply or for more information, go to: https://jobs.target.com/job/minneapolis/director-counsel-corporate-and-m-and-a/1118/11713669