Thomson Reuters seeks a dynamic and motivated Intellectual Property Administrator/Project Coordinator to join our Legal department. This position will report to the Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property in New York and will be located in our Minnesota office, requiring that the Intellectual Property Administrator//Project Coordinator be available beginning at 8:00 AM Central/9:00 Am Eastern.
The Intellectual Property Administrator//Project Coordinator will work closely with the team to complete analysis and reporting; track key processes; prepare documentation and coordinate and manage various projects.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Support the coordination of the Innovation, Product and Privacy (‘IPP”) Group’s operating rhythm by providing project management support to the IPP Group on a variety of initiatives as required, including:
- Coordinating the process of having inventors assign their patentable inventions to the Company, including preparing assignments and declarations and coordinating the execution of these documents by inventors
- Scheduling and overseeing logistics for group meetings, as well as meetings between the various attorneys and their business stakeholders
- Performing analysis on Intellectual Property outside counsel spend, working with Finance and attorney stakeholders
- Managing and implement the inventor award program, including coordination with Internal Communications , as well as arranging with Human Resources for the individual payments to be awarded to the inventors
- Work on special initiatives, supporting various legal department-wide initiatives
- Provide administrative support to the team as required including calendar management, meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reporting and other tasks as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legal experience/background a key asset, particularly as it relates to Intellectual Property
- 3-5 years administrative experience and project management experience
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills. Strong detail orientation
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and manage workload effectively, as position will report remotely
- Comprehensive application of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Exhibits a high level of integrity in managing confidential information, using appropriate discretion
- Strong team player who anticipates needs and proactively carries out duties
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment of tight deadlines and high-quality standards
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience with Intellectual Property Law
- Experience with Intellectual Property docketing systems, e.g. CPA
- Experience with billing systems, e.g. Legal Tracker
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.