Apply online at: https://www.usbank.com/careers Position number 2021-0012608
- The Employee Relations Consultant develops and maintains effective Employee Relations across the organization by providing advice, counsel and analysis on a wide variety of complex employee relations matters. Partners with HR to administer employee relations programs and ensure they are in line with the organization’s goals and strategies, in accordance with all applicable policies, laws, regulations and government requirements.
- Coach and consult with HR partners on a variety of employee relations matters, including performance management, policy interpretation and compliance, and conduct or behavior issues guided by the company’s policies and applicable employment and labor law.
- Partner with and advise on investigations of employee relations matters and concerns by involving the appropriate individuals and functions. Advise on appropriate action based on company policy and practice as well as interpretation of relevant employment laws.
- Advise on reasonable accommodation requests and provide counsel on disability-related matters.
- Partner, as needed on discrimination, wage claim and other administrative charges.
- Develop and conduct HR, manager and employee training in wide variety of areas such as ADA, harassment prevention, policy interpretation, and best practices affecting employees in the workplace
- Provide input into the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Agility & Innovation – Adapt quickly to changing priorities; create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Collaboration – Build partnerships and promote a culture of teamwork to drive one U.S. Bank
- Customer Centricity – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer centric solutions
- Drive for Results – Hold self and others accountable to consistently achieve meaningful results
- Ethics & Trust – Maintain high ethical standards; gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Inclusion – Build a culture of equity and inclusion in which diverse ideas, talent and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged
- Talent Development & Engagement – Create a climate where people are motivated to help the organization achieve its objectives
- J.D. plus 3-5 years of employment law practice experience (strongly preferred) or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Employment Law, Industrial Relations, or related field, plus 7+ years of experience handling or advising on complex employee relations issues
- Demonstrated experience handling and advising on complex and sensitive employee relations matters
- Broad knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in employment/labor law, federal and state laws/regulations, and surfacing legislation, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADEA and FMLA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to influence
- Experience with ADA and FMLA issues and best practices
- Experience developing, interpreting and providing guidance on HR policies
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to confidently make recommendations to senior leaders for improved employee relations results based on data and findings
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment while working collaboratively with a variety of teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees
- Ability to lead projects involving design and implementation of operational processes
- Ability to lead employee relations-related training
- Experience in advising on performance coaching, conflict resolution and administering disciplinary action
- Preferred previous experience working in HR Operations or HR Service Center
- Ability to work independently and to identify when to engage others
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- PC and Microsoft Office proficiency
- 3-5 years of experience leading a team
“Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location.
Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location.”
– U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.