Workers’ Compensation Judge – Duluth
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Office of Administrative Hearings Division/Unit: Workers’ Compensation Division
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift, ability to work a flexible schedule
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $77.92/hourly; $162,692/annually
The Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) is seeking applicants to serve as a Workers Compensation Judge.
OAH provides high-quality hearings and dispute resolution services across Minnesota. Our work increases public accountability in the actions of state agencies and local units of government, and ensures the effective resolution of disputed claims for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Serve as a workers’ compensation judge.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Judicial Conduct and applicable statutory codes of ethics.
- Research, understand, interpret, apply and explain relevant law in complex legal and factual settings.
- Conduct fair and impartial hearings in complex, adversarial cases in accordance with governing laws and rules.
- Resolve issues of law and fact based upon the application of sound, supported legal reasoning to facts based upon evidence in the hearing record.
- Engage in clear, respectful oral communication.
- Prepare clear, concise and easily understandable written decisions and orders.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and respectful relationships with diverse people.
- Maintain license to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
More information and application below
Workers’ Compensation Judge