DIVERSITY & INCLUSION MANAGER
Robins Kaplan LLP, a national litigation law firm, has an exciting opportunity in our Minneapolis location for a talented individual to be our next Diversity & Inclusion Manager. This position reports to our Chief Talent & Diversity Officer and is responsible for executing firm-wide strategies and practices to advance the firm’s diversity and inclusion goals. This includes supporting the Diversity Committee and its working groups; monitoring and managing diversity and inclusion issues in each of the firm’s offices and departments; gathering, analyzing and presenting diversity and inclusion data; managing internal and external communications and relationships to promote diversity objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Identify diversity and inclusion strategies, trends, and best practices across the profession.
* Develop and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives to attract, develop, and advance diverse talent.
* Collaborate with internal committees and departments focused on hiring, professional development, mentoring, legal project management, and marketing to further the firm’s diversity objectives.
* Design programs to leverage the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts in business and client development.
* Design and execute internal diversity meetings, events, and trainings.
* Serve as a resource to firm members at all levels on diversity issues.
* Provide support to Diversity Committee Co-Chairs, Chief Talent & Diversity Officer, and diversity working groups.
* Represent the firm at various internal and external functions, including bar association, law student association, recruiting events, and other similar functions, serving as a firm spokesperson on diversity and inclusion issues.
* Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with minority bar and student associations to attract minority candidates.
* Provide recommendations on diversity-related sponsorship/contribution requests, award nominations, and leadership positions.
* Research, track, and analyze firm data with respect to recruitment, retention, and advancement of diverse attorneys.
* Conduct periodic internal assessments.
* Communicate with firm leadership to update progress on objectives.
* Assist with developing, managing and reporting on the diversity budget.
* Prepare and respond to requests for information regarding the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
* Spearhead efforts to improve mentoring for diverse attorneys.
* Monitor career development of diverse attorneys.
* Supervise, train, coach and evaluate Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator and interns.
Your Keys to Success:
Bachelor’s degree required. Prior work experience in a law firm or professional setting is preferred, along with prior management experience, and prior diversity, recruiting or professional development experience.
You will also have:
* Superior project management, prioritization, and organizational skills
* Strategic and innovative thinking
* Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with individuals, teams, and organizations
* Sound judgment and discretion in resolving problems
* Strong client service orientation
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Vision and passion for diversity initiatives
* Energy, enthusiasm, and resilience
Why us? Robins Kaplan LLP is a firm you can be proud to be associated with. We offer competitive compensation, rich benefits, a respectful environment, and the opportunity for a rewarding and impactful career with a dynamic group of professionals. Consider us for your next career stop and submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robins Kaplan LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce.