U.S. Bank Employee Relations Consultant - Minneapolis, MN
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS CONSULTANT
The Employee Relations consultant provides advice, counsel and analysis on a wide variety of complex employee relations matters. Partners with HR business partners to administer Employee Relations programs and ensure they are in line with the organization’s goals and strategies, in accordance with all applicable policies, laws, regulations and government requirements.
• Coach and consult with HR business partners on employee relations matters, including performance management, policy compliance, or performance management issues guided by the company's policies and applicable employment and labor law.
• Oversee or advise on investigations of sensitive employee complaints and concerns by involving the appropriate individuals and functions. Advise on appropriate action based on company policy and practice as well as interpretation of relevant employment laws.
• Consult with HR business partners on leave process and compliance. Manage reasonable accommodation situations and provide counsel on leave and disability-related matters.
• Work with HR business partners to respond to discrimination, wage claim and other administrative charges.
• Develop and conduct HR training in wide variety of areas such as ADA, harassment prevention, workplace violence, policy interpretation, ethics, investigations and best practices affecting employees in the workplace.
• Respond to federal, state and local administrative charges of discrimination.
• Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
• J.D. plus 3-5 years of employment law practice with experience handling or advising on complex ER issues, including conducting investigations
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience with ADA and FMLA issues and best practices
• Experience with developing, interpreting and providing guidance on HR policies
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment while working collaboratively with a variety of teams
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees