MINNESOTA JUDICIAL BRANCH
Attorney III - Assistant Director
Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility
St. Paul, MN 55102 HOURS OF WORK Full time
The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility located in downtown St. Paul seeks an Attorney III. The position involves advanced professional research, writing, investigative work and trial practice.
· Investigate complaints of attorney violations of the Minnesota Rules of Professional Conduct, including matters involving both proposed private and public discipline, make recommendations for disposition, prepare memorandum dismissing the complaint if there is no basis for discipline and prosecute attorney disciplinary cases.
· Educate the bar on professional responsibility matters by speaking at seminars, authoring articles for publication, and providing advisory opinions to individual attorneys;
· Work with and mentor volunteer investigators at the district ethics committees; and
· Such other duties as assigned.
· At least 10 years’ experience - must include civil litigation or prosecution/defense experience. Investigation experience preferred.
· Excellent ability to analyze, organize and present facts, laws, evidence, and precedents concerning assigned work.
· Superior writing and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of substantive and procedural laws and Supreme Court rules relating to discipline preferred.
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to work effectively with judges, court staff, administrative staff, and the public.
· JD from an accredited law school; superior academic credentials preferred.
· Currently licensed to practice law in Minnesota or able to be admitted.
· Successful completion of a criminal background check.
SALARY RANGE: Starting salary range is $82,664 - $105,381. Full pay range is $82,664 - $128,078. Starting salary will be based on knowledge, skill set and experience.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pretax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Visit https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/ for benefits information.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov. Include a cover letter, résumé, three professional references and legal writing sample.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility at 651-296-3952.
Minnesota Judicial Branch
Human Resources, Rm. G08
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility in St. Paul, Minnesota seeks an experienced litigation attorney to conduct ethics investigations, prosecute ethics violations before the Minnesota Supreme Court, and educate lawyers on their ethical responsibilities. EOE. More information can be found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mncourts/jobs/1976096/senior-assistant-director-attorney-iii?keywords=attorney&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs