Provide support to licensed attorneys, preparing asylum applications, drafting motions and uploading documents into ECAS with the immigration court, preparing routine immigration forms for work and travel authorization, hardship waivers, “one-step” filings, removal of conditional residency, consular processing for fiancees and immigrant visas, and gathering supporting documentation needed for immigration filings and court proceedings.
Specific duties include:
- Work directly with attorneys to manage case load from the intake through processing, filing and adjudication.
- Work under a licensed attorney to prepare family-based, humanitarian, asylum, and employment-based immigration filings, including drafting of detailed affidavits, legal analysis, country conditions analysis, and gathering documents in support of each type of filing.
- Calendering of filing deadlines, renewals of work authorizations, extensions of status, filing eligibility for naturalization and immigration court deadlines.
- Interview clients and draft supporting letters, personal statements, and immigration forms.
- Preparing applications for relief in Immigration Court, written pleadings, motions, and supporting exhibits and uploading for immigration court filings.
Education and experience requirements:
Work Location: In person at our office located in Minnetonka.
Please send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org